impassioned : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s characterized by intense emotion
an impassioned appeal
- That Rose Marie Bravo recently finished reading Jane Austen's Persuasion a fact she announces with an impassioned "Oh!" from her sofa on the 30th floor of the New York City .
- That was because they were inclined to resent the impassioned glory of Cavalleria Rusticana which Mascagni had recently given them.
- Published last month, the book has shocked France with its graphic accounts of the attacks and Bellil's impassioned denunciation of the .
News & Articles
- Feb. 27, 1812: Rage, Rage Against the Industrial Age
The poet Lord Byron makes an impassioned speech before the House of Lords in an attempt to convince Parliament not to enact the death penalty against the Luddites. He fails.
June 20, 2013 - Wired News
- Ulster County officials hear both sides on rail trail issue
KINGSTON, N.Y. — Ulster County lawmakers have gotten impassioned pleas from Catskill Mountain Railroad supporters to not let track be torn up, while rail trail enthusiasts are pointing to a study as showing why pedestrian use of the Kingston-to-Phoenicia rail bed should receive priority.
June 20, 2013 - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Negaunee board votes against food service privatization
NEGAUNEE - An impassioned audience of about 50 people applauded when the Negaunee school board decided Monday night to not privatize its food services for the coming school year.
June 18, 2013 - The Mining Journal
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Chosun Ilbo
Our peoples resemble one and other and they admire each other and that is precisely why they have this strong bond - an impassioned relation which is not simple but it is always beautiful,said President Sarkozy. "And I also came to say...
- Romano Prodi in Sydney Morning Herald
Prodi said in a eulogy that Pavarotti "made music an instrument of life and against war" and called him an "impassioned ambassador for Italy".
- Bill Ford in MSNBC
The legacy of Jim's impassioned leadership will be his tireless pursuit of excellence, his inspired championing of workplace diversity and the mentoring he practiced that paved the way for so many of our senior executives leading Ford today,...