- s characterized by intense emotion
a fervent desire to change society
a fervent admirer
- s extremely hot
the fervent heat...merely communicated a genial warmth to their half-torpid systems"- Nathaniel Hawthorne
- When World War I broke out, no one responded more fervently to the cause of France than pretty, earnest Kathleen Burke of London.
- With a fervent belief in the small investor as the foundation of the stock market,.
- Roman Catholicism's Christoph Cardinal Schnborn has dubbed the most fervent of faith-challenging scientists followers of "scientism" or "evolutionism," since they hope science .
News & Articles
- Dove Award-winning artist Chris August to play Sacred Grounds Reclaimed
Chris August has won many accolades in the Christian music world. In 2011, he walked away from the 42nd Annual GMA Dove Awards with titles such as 'New Artist of the Year,' 'Male Vocalist of the Year,' and 'Pop Contemporary Album of the Year,' for his 2010 Fervent Records release 'No Far Away.'
June 17, 2013 - Journal & Courier
- Consumers' desire for local, organic food drives online grocery business
Just a few years ago, consumers who were fervent about eating locally-grown and organic foods had to head out to the nearest Whole Foods or farmers market. Now all it takes is a few swipes of the mouse at an online grocer like Door to Door Organics , Relay Foods or AmazonFresh .
June 13, 2013 - Cleburne Times-Review
- Bob Kravitz: Indianapolis Colts receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey out to prove Oakland dropped the ball
For four years, Darrius Heyward-Bey played in the Black Hole. That's the name of Oakland's most fervent fan section, but it also describes the most dysfunctional, even laughable, organization in the National Football League.
June 13, 2013 - The Indianapolis Star
- Kevin Keegan in International Herald Tribune
It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future,Keegan said. "I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters. I have been left with no choice other than to leave."
- Condoleezza Rice in International Herald Tribune
It is my fervent hope that we will continue to see sufficient numbers ...... volunteering for Iraq service, but we must be prepared to meet our requirements in any eventuality,Rice said in the unclassified cable sent Tuesday.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin in San Diego Union Tribune
Presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin said the last politician to draw such "fervent, huge crowds" was Robert F. Kennedy, in 1968.