- s characterized by intense emotion
a torrid love affair
- s emotionally charged and vigorously energetic
a torrid dance
torrid jazz bands
hot trumpets and torrid rhythms
- s extremely hot
the torrid noonday sun
- For two days last week before the House Judiciary Committee Wet speakers stormed and thundered at Prohibition-as-is, but all their torrid talk did not change a single Dry vote in .
- That torrid little country (see map) is about the size of Missouri.
- Writing in Science, Emiliani reports that the earth has undergone at least eight periods of extreme cold and seven of torrid heat in the past 400,000 years.
News & Articles
- Bill Gates Buys Into G4S
G4S has had a torrid time of late, yet it's managed to attract one very high-profile backer to its shareholder list.
June 11, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Longview housing market keeps pushing ahead
Longview-area home prices continued a string of steady increases in April and May, but didn’t rise at the torrid pace seen across the nation. Promote to Mobile read more
June 10, 2013 - KETK 56 Tyler
- Commentary: After tough loss to USMNT, Jamaica at CONCACAF qualifying crossroads
KINGSTON Jamaica – The Reggae Boyz find themselves at a crossroads as they prepare to complete a torrid stint of CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers with Tuesday's testing visit to Honduras, and their choice could help determine the course of the wider Hexagonal race.
June 9, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Jack Idema in Washington Post
In his lawsuit, Idema accused the AP of ignoring truths about his work in Afghanistan to generate a "hot salient and torrid story of abuse in Afghanistan" to compete with a CBS story about allegations of torture at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.
- Walter Smith in SkySports
Smith said: "We feel it will be beneficial for him to get regular football there and we hope he can return to the level we all know he is capable of. Andy has had a torrid time since he arrived at Rangers and it will be good for him to get games...
- Mark Souder in Huffington Post (blog)
I prayed multiple times a day, sang hymns with emotion and tears, felt each time that it wouldn't happen again, read the Bible every morning,he said. "So how in the world did I have a 'torrid' (which is an accurate word) many-year affair?...