fed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any federal law-enforcement officer
- n the central bank of the United States; incorporates 12 Federal Reserve branch banks and all national banks and state-chartered commercial banks and some trust companies
- v provide as food
- v give food to
- v feed into; supply
- v introduce continuously
- v support or promote
His admiration fed her vanity
- v take in food; used of animals only
- v serve as food for; be the food for
- v move along, of liquids
- v profit from in an exploitatory manner
- v gratify
- v provide with fertilizers or add nutrients to
- Beef raised wholly on pasture, rather than grain-fed in feedlots, may be better for your health--and for the planet.
News & Articles
- Fed Shakes Up Stock Markets
Signs the Fed could pull back on its easy money policies sent interest rates up, jarring stocks and other risk markets.
June 20, 2013 - CNBC
- Fed's mixed messages roil markets
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's comments on bond buying sent the Dow index into a 250-point swing as investors feared the beginning of the end for stimulus efforts. WASHINGTON — The Federal Reserve's unprecedented stimulus efforts are starting to box in the nation's central banker.
June 20, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Fed Shakes Global Markets as Interest Rates Rise
Signs the Fed could pull back on its easy money policies sent the dollar higher and interest rates rose to a two-year high, jarring stocks and other risk markets around the globe.
June 20, 2013 - CNBC
- President Bush in guardian.co.uk
It was strong action by the Fed and they did so because some financial institutions that borrowed money to buy securities in the housing industry must now repair their balance sheets before they can make further loans,Bush said.
- Henry Paulson in Christian Science Monitor
For market discipline to be effective, market participants must not expect that lending from the Fed, or any other government support, is readily available,Paulson said in his testimony. "For market discipline to effectively constrain...
- Kim Clijsters in ESPN
We've had great times together playing Fed Cup and, messaging each other on phones, teasing each other,Clijsters said. "I think that's how I would have liked it to have always been."