- n (plural) Arab guerrillas who operate mainly against Israel
- Two fedayeen went into an apiary where two women, Edna Mor, 28, and Shoshana Galili, 58, were at work taking honey from beehives.
- The Lebanese arrested two fedayeen at the Beirut International Airport after finding explosives in their luggage.
- They claim to have killed or captured 2,650 fedayeen and tend to dismiss them as amateurs.
- Binyamin Ben-Eliezer in Africasia
In fact, in one clash during this war soldiers of a battalion of Palestinian Fedayeen operating from the Gaza Strip against Israel, particularly against the unit I commanded, were killed,Ben-Eliezer said.
- John Lehman in San Francisco Chronicle
Lehman explained that the newly captured documents "indicate that there is at least one officer of Saddam's Fedayeen, a lieutenant colonel, who was a very prominent member of al Qaeda. One striking bit of new evidence is that the name Ahmed Hikmat...
- Condoleezza Rice in Independent Online
Rice said in a speech to veterans August 24 that between 1945 and 1947 "SS officers, called Werewolves, engaged in sabotage and attacked both coalition forces and those locals cooperating witht them, much like today's Baathist and Fedayeen...