- n education imparted in a series of lessons or meetings
he took a course in basket weaving
- n a connected series of events or actions or developments
the government took a firm course
- n general line of orientation
the river takes a southern course
- n a mode of action
if you persist in that course you will surely fail
once a nation is embarked on a course of action it becomes extremely difficult for any retraction to take place
- n a line or route along which something travels or moves
the course of the river
- n a body of students who are taught together
- n part of a meal served at one time
she prepared a three course meal
- n (construction) a layer of masonry
a course of bricks
- n facility consisting of a circumscribed area of land or water laid out for a sport
the course had only nine holes
the course was less than a mile
- v move swiftly through or over
- v move along, of liquids
- v hunt with hounds
He often courses hares
- r as might be expected
- As you begin to walk the course, a second natural element makes its presence known: the wind.
- If it's poorly written, the course may be poorly organized.
- Of course, students and faculty in the hall jeered many of his comments, while protestors outside denounced him as the new Hitler.
News & Articles
- Course teaches self-defense techniques
A self-defense course offered military personnel and civilians the opportunity to learn and practice useful techniques for defense against many forms of physical assault including sudden, close-quarte
June 13, 2013 - The Belvoir Eagle
- Golf Course Maintenance / Landscapers. Full Time Positions. Rio Verde
Golf Course Maintenance / Landscapers. Full Time Positions. Rio Verde Country Club. Call 480-471-1360.
June 12, 2013 - The Fountain Hills Times
- Certification course on no-trace camping offered
GATLINBURG, Tenn. (AP) — A free course on "leave no trace" use of the backcountry is coming up this month in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The two-day free course will be June 22 and 23, but registration is required by Monday.
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Reflector
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
Now, of course I'll admit that the backyard's a little bigger here, but it's the same spirit,Obama said to laughter. "Michelle and I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate America's birthday than with America's extraordinary men and...
- Elena Kagan in CNN
The Supreme Court, of course, has the responsibility of ensuring that our government never oversteps its proper bounds or violates the rights of individuals,Kagan said in her opening statement. "But the court must also recognize the limits...
- David Cameron in CNN (blog)
It is desperately sad news. Another family with such grief and pain and loss,British Prime Minister David Cameron said. "Of course the 300th death is no more or less tragic than the 299 that came before."