favourite : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a competitor thought likely to win
- n a special loved one
- n something regarded with special favor or liking
- s appealing to the general public
- s preferred above all others and treated with partiality
News & Articles
- David Krejci names Jaromir Jagr favourite player growing up; so does Jagr (Video)
At 41 years old, Jaromir Jagr's got a few years on his Boston teammates. Heck, he's old enough to have been some of their childhood heroes, as evidenced by 27-year-old David Krejci naming the Czech icon as his favourite player … Continue reading ?
June 16, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- Golf-Woods laments his putting and iron play at U.S. Open
By Larry Fine ARDMORE, Pennsylvania, June 16 (Reuters) - Tiger Woods was a big favourite coming into the U.S. Open as he tried to end a five-year drought in the majors but walked away with a 13-over 293 total Sunday that he blamed on poor putting and iron play. A triple-bogey eight on the par-five second hole got world number one Woods off on the wrong foot in a final round of four-over-par 74 ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Tennis-Murray tames fired-up Tsonga to reach Queen's final
* Local favourite stages fightback * Murray will meet Cilic in final (Adds details, quotes) By Toby Davis LONDON, June 15 (Reuters) - Neither a revved up Jo-Wilfried Tsonga nor the awful British weather could prevent Andy Murray reaching a third Queen's Club final on Saturday as the world number two battled back from a set down to win 4-6 6-3 6-2. Local favourite Murray now faces champion Marin ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Johan Cruyff in SkySports
Spain's style is the style of Barcelona,Cruyff told El Periodico. "Now, Spain is favourite to win the World Cup. Last night (Wednesday), that same Germany team that dazzled us against Argentina played football as it knows best; a football...
- Diego Lugano in Morning Star Online
I suppose the press have made the Netherlands favourite. I wouldn't like to say that, it's a World Cup semi-final,captain Diego Lugano said. "The Netherlands and Uruguay play differently, but we are at this stage on merit and we'll just...
- Roger Federer in The Age
I don't think it matters really a lot if I'm the favourite or not,Federer said. "I'm on an incredible winning streak on grass. First somebody has to be able to break that, before we start talking differently. I enjoy the challenge. Rafa is...