favorite : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something regarded with special favor or liking
that book is one of my favorites
- n a special loved one
- n a competitor thought likely to win
- s appealing to the general public
a favorite tourist attraction
- s preferred above all others and treated with partiality
- A variety of amusements, from classic rock to famous photography, collage art to custom radio, plus our favorite video web logs.
- What is your all-time favorite TV show? Which films should have been included and weren't? Did we leave off any of your favorites? Were any shows on the list more influential than .
- To only slightly alter a quote (by changing the name) from one of my favorite films, "People Will Talk:" "Joe Kline, you are a little man.
- Johan Cruyff in SuburbanJournals
Spain's style is the style of Barcelona,Cruyff wrote in his El Periodico column on Thursday. "Now, Spain is favorite to win the World Cup."
- Terrell Owens in Dallas Morning News
Right now, Jessica Simpson is not a fan favorite - in this locker room or in Texas Stadium,said teammate Terrell Owens days after a loss in which she could be seen rooting for her boyfriend from a suite and he threw three interceptions.
- Joachim Loew in NDTV.com
For me, Spain is the favorite for the title,said Loew, who refused to acknowledge revenge for the Euro 2008 loss as something motivating the Germans. "Spain has not one Messi, but several Messis who can decide a game."