- n an item of information that is typical of a class or group
this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome
there is an example on page 10
- n a representative form or pattern
I profited from his example
- n something to be imitated
- n punishment intended as a warning to others
they decided to make an example of him
- n an occurrence of something
but there is always the famous example of the Smiths
- n a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding
you must work the examples at the end of each chapter in the textbook
- The idea that kids should slow down and trade electronic pleasures for pastoral ones is a fine example of transference.
- Example One: One Page Custom Reprint PTI Magazine can reprint the full range of article sizes and formats.
- Yes, evolution explains a lot, they say, but some thingsthe eye, for example, or the whiplike tails on some bacteriaare just too complex to have evolved.
News & Articles
- What's The Best/Worst Example Of Being A Sore Loser On The Track?
Sometimes your adrenaline and emotions get the best of you and you flip out at the track. You throw a helmet. You kick a car. You put a finger in Paul Tracy's face. What's the best example of seeing a sore loser caught on camera? Yep, it's your drivers-behaving-badly QOTD. It could be a pro or it could be a kid at an HPDE. Share your favorite sore loser videos here. ( QOTD is your chance to ...
June 25, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Barriers to Girls’ Education Abound In Rural Schools
Today we visited the San Miguel School. It is an example of community dedication, responsibility and exemplifies a commitment to education that impressed me. Classes are completely clean with curtains, running water, and an education perspective beyond the scope of understanding. I have visited several rural schools worldwide, but the hard work and inspirational message that Free the Children ...
June 25, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- 'Lead by example': Fellow Democrat blasts Obama's pricey trip to Africa
Rep. John Barrow blasted President Obama's weeklong trip to Africa that begins Wednesday, urging the president to "lead by example" by not taking such an expensive visit, The Blaze first reported. The trip to Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania will carry a price tag estimated between $60 million and $100 ...
June 23, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
Our failure to act responsibly at the federal level will only open the door to irresponsibility by others,Obama said at a Rose Garden naturalization ceremony for 24 members of the US military. "That includes, for example, the recent...
- Alan Greenspan in International Herald Tribune
When you get this far away from a recession invariably forces build up for the next recession, and indeed we are beginning to see that sign,Greenspan said via satellite link to a business conference in Hong Kong. "For example in the US,...
- Nouri al-Maliki in International Herald Tribune
There are American officials who consider Iraq as if it were one of their villages, for example Hillary Clinton and Carl Levin. They should come to their senses,al-Maliki said at a news conference.