exarch : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a bishop in one of several Eastern Orthodox Churches in North America
- n a bishop in eastern Christendom who holds a place below a patriarch but above a metropolitan
- n a viceroy who governed a large province in the Roman Empire
- Among the names being mentioned are Metropolitan Filaret, the scholarly patriarchal exarch of Belarus; Metropolitan Cyril, the well-known head of the external-relations department .
- Churchmen with such polyglot titles as archbishop, archimandrite, catholicos, exarch, moderator, pfarrer, priest, minister, pasteur, professor and elder will worship and confer .