- n the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall)
he enjoyed the evening light across the lake
- n a later concluding time period
it was the evening of the Roman Empire
- n the early part of night (from dinner until bedtime) spent in a special way
an evening at the opera
- v make level or straight
- v become even or more even
- v make even or more even
- Dan Gilbert in Vancouver Sun
As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier,Gilbert wrote. "This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional buildup culminating...
- Johan Cruyff in ESPN
Spain is now the great favourite,he wrote in El Periodico de Catalunya on Thursday. "Del Bosque's team has grown in strength and finds itself in the final at the top of its game. Yesterday evening Germany, which put on a display against...
- Nancy Reagan in Guardian Unlimited
I was deeply saddened this evening when I heard of Jerry Ford's death,former first lady Nancy Reagan said in a statement. "Ronnie and I always considered him a dear friend and close political ally."