- n (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology: the first woman and mother of the human race; God created Eve from Adam's rib and placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
- n the day before
he always arrives on the eve of her departure
- n the period immediately before something
on the eve of the French Revolution
- n the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall)
he enjoyed the evening light across the lake
- The Lady Eve: The picture returns the lately heavily dramatic Barbara Stanwyck to glamor and reveals homespun Henry Fonda as one of the screen's most socially eligible juveniles.
- While Christmas eve services are more popular than ever, Americans tend to stay home the next day.
- Capitalism has never been thought of as an Olympic sport before, so it is a little startling to look up and find that the flag under which the Games will be conducted all over .
- Bud Selig in USA Today
All of Major League Baseball is saddened today by the passing of Bobby Murcer, particularly on the eve of this historic All-Star game at Yankee Stadium, a place he called home for so many years,commissioner Bud Selig said. "Bobby was a...
- Michael Fincke in FOXNews
It's the eve of showtime,space station commander Mike Fincke told flight controllers on the ground. "Everyone get some rest. We're going to have a great day tomorrow."