ended : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
- v bring to an end or halt
She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime
- v be the end of; be the last or concluding part of
This sad scene ended the movie
- v put an end to
The terrible news ended our hopes that he had survived
- s having come or been brought to a conclusion
the affair is over, ended, finished
- Seitz said Watada was frustrated that the case had ended in a mistrial rather than a verdict, but he also said of the case: "I do not believe it will ever be resurrected.
- The firm repurchased stock in a prohibited period shortly before it issued results, and ended up holding more than the legal limit of 10% of its own shares.
- Hamas insists that it ended the cease-fire precisely because the truce had failed to lift the economic siege of Gaza.
News & Articles
- Gold and grain futures higher
Gold ended higher and grain contracts climbed in Wednesday trading. The August contract rose $7.10 to end at $1,374 per ounce. July silver fell 5.4 cents to $21.623 an ounce, and copper lost 1.4 cents ...
June 19, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings, who penned article that ended Gen. Stanley McChrystal's career, dies in crash
LOS ANGELES — Award-winning journalist and war correspondent Michael Hastings, whose unflinching reporting ended the career of a top American army general, died early Tuesday in a car accident in Los Angeles, his employer and family said. Hastings, who was 33, was described by many of his colleagues as an unfailingly...
June 19, 2013 - New York Post
- School bus carrying students rear-ended in Salem
A school bus packed with 40 students was rear-ended Wednesday afternoon in Salem.
June 19, 2013 - WMUR New Hampshire
- Barack Obama in Boston Globe (registration)
While his campaign may have ended, this cause lives on for all of us who still believe that we can achieve that dream of one America,Obama told supporters at a rally in Denver.
- Helen Mirren in AFP
Mirren said she used to take "a bit of cocaine. I loved coke. I never did a lot, just a little bit at parties. But what ended it for me was when they caught Klaus Barbie, the Butcher of Lyon, in the early eighties. He was hiding in South America and...
- President Bush in Yahoo! News
I have made it clear to the prime minister and Iraq's other leaders that America's commitment is not open-ended,Bush said, and that they may "lose the support of the American people."