- n (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- s having come or been brought to a conclusion
the affair is over, ended, finished
- r at or to a point across intervening space etc.
come over and see us some time
- r throughout an area
he is known the world over
- r throughout a period of time
stay over the weekend
- r beyond the top or upper surface or edge; forward from an upright position;
a roof that hangs over
- r over the entire area
the wallpaper was covered all over with flowers
she ached all over
everything was dusted over with a fine layer of soot
- As schools reopen, debate rages over the program's usefulness "Let's go, " the little boy urges, tugging impatiently at his mother's blouse.
- For four weeks, the slim, blue-eyed young woman had buzzed over the back roads of Georgia, stopping off at one school after another.
- In its fight against HIVADIS, the Ugandan government has announced a plan to distribute 100,000 female condoms over the next year.
News & Articles
- Over 1,000 reached during three-day 'Church to the People' event in Williamsburg
Over a three-day period this weekend, nearly 300 volunteers from four Williamsburg area churches washed cars for free, handed out free gas cards, bought groceries and prayed and witnessed to people - some of whom they had never met before - as part of a first-time event titled, "Taking the Church to the People."
June 12, 2013 - Corbin News Journal
- US concern over jailing of China Nobel's in-law
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. is voicing deep concern over the jailing of a brother-in-law of imprisoned Chinese democracy activist Liu Xiabao and urging fair treatment for the Nobel laureate's family.
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Over the Long Term, the Riskiest Investment Could Be the Safest
Over the Long Term, the Riskiest Investment Could Be the Safest
June 11, 2013 - Nasdaq