devising : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act that results in something coming to be
the devising of plans
- v come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort
- v arrange by systematic planning and united effort
- v give by will, especially real property
- But Sinegal also entices shoppers to spend more than they might anticipate by devising irresistible deals on luxury items like Movado watches and Dom Perignon champagne (and by .
- Al-Sadr proved a quick study, devising a new approach to his goal of becoming the leader of Iraq's Shi'ite community.
- In districts across the country, administrators are devising systems that track student scores back to the teachers who taught them in an attempt to apportion credit and blame and .
- Michael Mukasey in AFP
It reflects our continuing effort to hold drug companies accountable for devising pricing schemes that deliberately seek to deny federal health care programs the same lower prices for drugs that are available to other commercial customers,...
- Patricia Smith in guardian.co.uk
There is an increase in contractors devising schemes to hide the violations,said New York Labor Commissioner M. Patricia Smith. "It shows the need for really aggressive enforcement."
- John McCain in istockAnalyst.com
We have various options,McCain said in an interview with CNN. "The Nuremberg Trials are certainly an example of the kind of tribunal that we could move forward with. I don't think we'd have any difficulty in devising an international --...