- v destroy completely
the wrecking ball demolished the building
- v humiliate or depress completely
- v defeat soundly
The home team demolished the visitors
- s torn down and broken up
- The police cleared a way through the crowds for a few drill-equipped backhoes, and the authorities then demolished the church.
- Traditional neighborhoods are being demolished and rebuilt in time for the Games.
- On a construction site in the heart of the City, London's financial quarter, a tower stands half-demolished, its bruised concrete and severed beams exposed.
News & Articles
- Castle Motel will be demolished
Castle Motel will be demolished Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 8:30 am, Wednesday, June 19, 2013 The lodging and a restaurant it once housed at 1125 N. 11th St. began as a popular hangout for affluent Beaumonters, ending its six-decade run as a den of prostitution ...
June 20, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Evacuee returns to demolished home
Theresa Strader was in tears as she drove up to her demolished Black Forest home Tuesday night. It's not just her home. It's also where she began National Mill Dog Rescue, which has saved nearly 8,000 dogs.
June 19, 2013 - KRDO Colorado Springs
- County officials: Astrodome should be reinvented, not demolished
HOUSTON -- In a city known for tearing down history at the drop of a hat, the Astrodome appears to be the exception to the rule. The Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation recommended Wednesday that the dome be renovated with public funds -- not demolished. The historic landmark would be reinvented as a state-of-the-art conference and exposition center, capable of hosting a large number ...
June 19, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- S Samy Vellu in International Herald Tribune
In cases where temples are set to be demolished, "suitable alternative sites must be allocated so that Hindus can continue to worship," Samy said. "No temples, either legal or illegally built, will be demolished without a thorough check and...
- Tassos Papadopoulos in Washington Post
Tonight, we demolished a checkpoint on our side,Cypriot President Tassos Papadopoulos said from Brussels. "Now we will see whether Turkey's troops will withdraw so that the passage will be opened or not."