razed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v tear down so as to make flat with the ground
- s torn down and broken up
- Activists chose the Liberty City site for the makeshift shantytown, because it's where a condemned housing project was razed in 1998 with the promise that more and improved low .
- A personal encounter with deforestation years ago when a Malaysian rainforest was razed and ground into wood chips to serve a local paper plant turned mathematician .
- It turns out that the carbon lost when wilderness is razed overwhelms the gains from cleaner-burning fuels.
News & Articles
- Council approves agreement for housing complex
City Council Thursday approved a cooperative agreement with owner and manager of a planned multi-housing complex to be built once the Brodart warehouse is razed later this summer.
June 14, 2013 - The Williamsport Sun-Gazette
- Construction about to start in Quincy Center
Early next week, construction crews are scheduled to start knocking down empty storefronts along the 1400 block of Hancock Street, to make way for a new section of downtown Quincy called Merchants Row. The Hancock storefronts and a vacant building across from the Fat Cat restaurant on Chestnut Street will be the first buildings razed in the project, targeted for a 2020 completion.
June 14, 2013 - The Patriot Ledger
- Fate of burned-out Waterville building remains unclear
Owner John Weeks could not say Friday whether his burned-out building at 18 Main St. is repairable or will be razed.
June 13, 2013 - Portland Press Herald
- Vladimir Putin in USA Today
Of course, Saddam Hussein ought to have been hanged for destroying several Shiite villages,Putin said in Moscow. "And the incumbent Georgian leaders who razed ten Ossetian villages at once, who ran elderly people and children with tanks,...
- Saddam Hussein in BBC News
I razed them...... we specified the farmland of those who were convicted and I signed,Saddam Hussein told the court.
- Jacques Chirac in EURSOC
Of the Iranian bomb, Chirac said, "Where will it drop it, this bomb? On Israel? It would not have gone 200 meters into the atmosphere before Tehran would be razed to the ground."