dismantled : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v tear down so as to make flat with the ground
- v take apart into its constituent pieces
- v take off or remove
- s torn down and broken up
- She shared his view that Moscow ruled an "evil empire," and the sooner it was dismantled the better.
- That was just one reason the government pulled funding and the project was dismantled.
- Vandals long ago dismantled the outsize bust of Morrison that once topped the grave.
News & Articles
- VIDEO: Hilltown, Franconia barns being dismantled, rebuilt as one at Mennonite Heritage Center in Harleysville
As Mike Hart went through the lumber from one of two local barns that are being dismantled, then reassembled as one, he noticed a piece was from an American Chestnut tree.
June 15, 2013 - Perkasie News-Herald
- Two 'Operation Weed Whacker' suspects headed to county court after waiving hearings
Two of eight suspected co-conspirators in a multi-million-dollar interstate marijuana trafficking ring dismantled by county, state and federal authorities last month in “Operation Weed Whacker,” waived their preliminary hearings June 6 and are headed to trial.
June 15, 2013 - The Ambler Gazette
- Koreas have incentives to talk after failed try
South Korea dismantled the meeting table, pulled down the placards and rolled up the red carpet. Its intended guest, North Korea, has stopped answering the phone. The cancellation of the rivals' much-anticipated ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Roger Federer in Forbes
Obviously I always enjoy the match against Fabrice,said Federer, chasing his third consecutive Australian Open title and his 13th major. "First time I played him, he totally dismantled me. Showed I had a lot of things to work on. Today I...
- Nouri al-Maliki in International Herald Tribune
The terrorist cells are being dismantled and operations will continue until we put an end to this dangerous plight that threatens the unity and the prosperity of the people,al-Maliki said Friday.
- Avigdor Lieberman in FOXNews
Either Hamas is going to be dismantled, or the government is going to be dismantled,Lieberman said in a statement. "This is not an ultimatum, but these are the options."