- n any process serving to define the shape of something
- v determine the essential quality of
- v give a definition for the meaning of a word
- v determine the nature of
- v show the form or outline of
- v decide upon or fix definitely
- Everything Perez does reflects his philosophy that "Every time you make an act, not only are you defining yourself, but you're defining the world around you.
- As the candidates lurch toward the ultimate defining moment of Election Day, we'll be there every step of the way.
- For a long time, lesbians and gays have been defining themselves into the ordinary fabric of life.
News & Articles
- The Advocate's Girls Track Runner of the Year: Valley's Mackenzie Butler
A defining moment in Mackenzie Butler's 2013 season did not come during one of her many wins or her state race.
June 14, 2013 - Newark Advocate
- First Thoughts: What's the endgame for Syria?
What’s the endgame for Syria?... And what happens next week at the G-8 summit in Northern Ireland… NBC/WSJ poll on a war-weary public… A tale of two different conferences today: Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan speak at Faith and Freedom in DC, while Chris Christie speaks at the Clinton Global Initiative… Bill Clinton grabbing headlines and Hillary Clinton defining TBD… And House GOP to hold immigration ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- The Money Pivot: Your Drastic Financial Make-Over Begins Now
By Hal M. Bundrick NEW YORK (MainStreet)--We have been hearing a lot about "The Pivot" for a while now. Silicon Valley lexicon has entered the mainstream once again. Popular use is defining it as a sudden change in strategy for a business, a politician - even a media mogul. Oprah Winfrey says that her fledgling television network is in the midst of a turnaround: "Let me just say, we have made ...
June 13, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Barack Obama in USA Today
On this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do,Obama told cheering supporters. "We came together as Democrats, Republicans and independents to say we are one nation, we are one...
- Kenny MacAskill in NECN
In Scotland, we are a people who pride ourselves on our humanity. It is viewed as a defining characteristic of Scotland and the Scottish people,MacAskill said. "The perpetration of an atrocity, and outrage, cannot and should not be a basis...
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
WASHINGTON: President George W. Bush said Friday that the flare-up in violence in oil-rich southern Iraq and parts of Baghdad presents "a defining moment in the history of a free Iraq" as the government there seeks to root out Shiite militias.