- n a condition inferior to an earlier condition; a gradual falling off from a better state
- n a downward slope or bend
- n (astronomy) the angular distance of a celestial body north or to the south of the celestial equator; expressed in degrees; used with right ascension to specify positions on the celestial sphere
- n a polite refusal of an invitation
- Quickly figuring the ascension, declination and magnitude of his find, he rushed the news by time-dated telegram to Harvard University Observatory, the astronomic clearing house .
- Suns rising, setting, declination, amplitude, his place in the Ecliptic, Right Ascension, Equation of time, the Moons Right Ascension place in the Ecliptic, time of her rising .
- This is merely a declination of an honor I do not deserve, if it should turn out that the first issue of Ken is a great success, which I hope it will be.
News & Articles
- Swallow’s lawyer expects feds to clear his client — maybe soon
An attorney for embattled Utah Attorney General John Swallow says he believes the U.S. Department of Justice is winding down its investigation, and he anticipates his client will be cleared of wrongdoing, potentially in the near future. But if Utah’s top cop does receive a declination letter from Justice’s Public Integrity Section, it could have little bearing on other investigations into ...
Aug. 24, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune