- v hold back
- v restrict
- s lacking spontaneity; not natural
a constrained smile
- This means excluding the people most likely to be liquidity-constrained because people having a bad year probably wont owe income taxes that year and shying away from .
- Almost 100 percent of the oil companies are constrained in their investment program because there is no rig available, he said.
- Yet not everyone concluded that the Goldman money machine was going to be entirely constrained.
News & Articles
- BEHOLD: Miley Cyrus' Sweatpants/Denim Frankentrousers
(Getty Images) Miley Cyrus 's left leg must have been really jealous of her right leg at last night's MySpace party (I know, right?) in L.A. Lefty had to spend the evening constrained by stiff denim, while righty was encased in gloriously stretchy sweatpant material. Observe: (Getty Images) The pants (Jean-sweats? Jweats?), which are by Ashish, were styled with a leather jacket and a matching ...
June 13, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Go green without going broke
I've encountered countless personal dilemmas where I wanted to do the "right thing" in achieving environmental sustainability in my community, but have always constrained myself from doing it because it was too expensive.
June 12, 2013 - The Milpitas Post
- Australia's Accommodation development pipeline underpinned by large-scale medium term projects
Australia's constrained hotel development pipeline has seen a 673 room increase in projects under construction over the past ten months, according to Jones Lang LaSalle's Hotels & Hospitality Group's latest Australian and New Zealand Hotel Development Register.
June 11, 2013 - Hospitality Net
- Ben Bernanke in The Australian
Although conventional interest rate policy is constrained by the fact that nominal interest rates cannot fall below zero, the second arrow in the Federal Reserve's quiver - the provision of liquidity - remains effective,Mr Bernanke said.
- Robert Stevens in The Associated Press
Our customers are facing increasing demands with constrained resources, and they are relying on us to give them the very best value within these constraints,said Lockheed CEO Robert Stevens.
- Ricky Williams in ABC News
Williams told The Miami Herald for Tuesday's editions that when players were given Friday off, "automatically your mind, which is so constrained since training camp began ...... says, `I'm free, what can I do?'"