- v keep constant through physical or chemical reactions or evolutionary change
Energy is conserved in this process
- v keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction
The museum curator conserved the ancient manuscripts
- v use cautiously and frugally
- v preserve with sugar
Mom always conserved the strawberries we grew in the backyard
- s protected from harm or loss
News & Articles
- Conservation for big guns that opened Civil War
Workers move a Civil War cannon into position at Fort Moultrie on Sullivans Island, S.C., on June 10, 2013 after the gun was conserved.
June 16, 2013 - Greene County Messenger
- Research and Markets: The MAPK Signaling Pathway in Oncology Drug Pipeline Update 2013
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bcs7gl/the_mapk) has announced the addition of the "The MAPK Signaling Pathway in Oncology Drug Pipeline Update 2013" report to their offering. The mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascade is a highly conserved module that is involved in various cellular functions, including cell proliferation ...
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire
- Group: conserve more Hudson Valley farms
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) - An environmental group says that of the 5,387 farms in the Hudson Valley region, only 11% have been conserved.
June 12, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- Vicente del Bosque in National Post
Spanish head coach Vicente Del Bosque also believes that Germany are better than the team that lost the EURO 2008: "They have undertaken a renewal with an important base of young players. They have conserved their values and added players of...
- Wouter Bos in Sydney Morning Herald
Dutch finance minister Wouter Bos said: "Important financial activities are being conserved for the Netherlands but above all, bank clients can rest assured knowing that their money is in safe hands."
- Bob Debus in The Age
NSW Environment Minister Bob Debus said the agreement "acknowledges Aboriginal people as traditional owners and gives them a greater say in how national parks are managed and conserved".