- v use cautiously and frugally
I try to economize my spare time
- v spend sparingly, avoid the waste of
The less fortunate will have to economize now
- It's a painless alternative to traditional menu-planning and a great way to find new recipes and economize at the same time.
- They have no credit-card debt, economize every way they can yet can't escape the feeling that they are just a pink slip away from financial disaster.
- Women are still sewing to economizebut on the fanciest dresses that Paris can design.
News & Articles
- Transition Town: New business 7 Rivers Sausage takes fresh approach to good food
Sausage making is as old as antiquity and probably began when folks learned that salt was a useful preservative. Soon it developed as an effort to economize and preserve meat after fall butchering.
June 12, 2013 - Vernon County Broadcaster
- Caption This!: Sofa, So Good
Why spend money on a moving truck when you can spend it on axle repairs instead? Despite their best efforts to economize on transportation, they still ended up having to make another...
June 11, 2013 - E! Online
- Peter Gelb in Denver Post
In looking at ways to economize, that was an unfortunate sacrifice,Gelb said in a telephone interview. "It's a much more expensive revival than most."
- Dmitry Medvedev in FOXNews
This is not something on which we have the right to economize, because in the end the well-being of the people depends on this, what is called the health of the nation,Medvedev said.
- Susie Coelho in San Jose Mercury News
It's natural that during these tough times,Coelho says. "People want to conserve, economize, cut back, cut down and reduce their nut. I am doing the same. At the same time however, I encourage people to get more creative and resourceful...