centenary : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the 100th anniversary (or the celebration of it)
- a of or relating to or completing a period of 100 years
- Sturm Und Brecht Even as Germany celebrates Brecht's centenary, his artistic legacy and reputation are under siege.
- Robeson's centenary this month has yanked him from the obscurity into which he slumped long before his 1976 death.
- The work of the legendary portraitist is celebrated at a centenary exhibit at Boston's Museum of Fine Arts.
News & Articles
- Community Calendar
• AA Meeting -- 8 p.m. Tuesdays at Centenary Methodist Church, 203 E. Grove St., Effingham. • Al-Anon Meeting -- 8 p.m. Tuesdays at Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham, 203 E. Grove, Effingham. For family and friends of alcoholics. • Count
June 17, 2013 - Effingham Daily News
- Centenary Stage hosts 5th annual Summer Dance Intensive in July
The Centenary Stage Company will sponsor the 5th annual Summer Dance Intensive from July 8-11 on the campus of Centenary College in Hackettstown.
June 15, 2013 - The Warren Reporter
- Centenary presents tribute to Ray Charles
HACKETTSTOWN -- The Centenary Stage Company will host a tribute to one of the most exciting musical artists of our time, Ray Charles, with "Forever Ray," a stellar 13-piece lineup of powerhouse musicians.
June 13, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- David Beckham in ktla 5
I was surprised and didn't expect it,Beckham said. "But I'll always answer the call and be available for my country and captain them as well - it was a surprise but I am honored to do so. It was the centenary game for them but they wanted...
- Sebastian Faulks in The Bookseller (registration)
Faulks said: "I was surprised but flattered to be asked by the Fleming Estate last summer if I would write a one-off Bond book for the Ian Fleming Centenary. I told them that I hadn't read the books since the age of 13, but if, when I re-read them,...
- Lance Armstrong in Sportinglife.com
Not to have taken part in the Giro was one of my greatest regrets as a cyclist,said Armstrong. "Finally, I will be able to do so. It will be the Centenary Giro and I know how much that means for Italians. Everyone says it will be only to...