- n a soft bluish-white ductile malleable toxic bivalent metallic element; occurs in association with zinc ores
- n the basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites; equal to 1/60 of the luminous intensity per square centimeter of a black body radiating at the temperature of 2,046 degrees Kelvin
- n a debt instrument issued by a bank; usually pays interest
- n a digitally encoded recording on an optical disk that is smaller than a phonograph record; played back by a laser
- s being one hundred more than three hundred
News & Articles
- Sound briefs: CD release
June 13, 2013 - Provo Daily Herald
- Average CD Rates Dropped .10 Percentage Points Since January
NEW YORK, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RateWatch , a premier banking data and analytics service owned by TheStreet, Inc. ( NASDAQ: TST ) reported today the average 2- and 5-year CD rates dipped incrementally ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- CD Projekt Red reveals The Witcher 3 for Xbox One [Update: Trailer]
CD Projekt Red revealed that its open-world RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the Xbox One. The Xbox One version of The Witcher 3 is bolstered by unique hardware-driven features. Kinect voice commands for allow quick weapon-switching and magic, and players can use SmartGlass to customize characters and manage their inventory during gameplay. CD Projekt Red reveals The Witcher 3 for Xbox ...
June 10, 2013 - Joystiq
- Anthony Kiedis in Forbes
Californication is the signature CD, video and song of the band's career, and for some TV show to come along and steal our identity is not right,the band's lead singer, Anthony Kiedis, said in a statement.
- Meglena Kuneva in BusinessWeek
Do you think it's fine that a CD plays in all CD players but that a song purchased from iTunes only plays in an iPod? I don't,Ms Kuneva stated in an interview with German weekly magazine Focus on Monday (12 March).
- Timbaland in Reuters
Timbaland says the deal will let him reach more fans because "every place don't get a CD (but) everybody has a mobile phone."