- a provided with a ceiling especially the overhead interior surface
the large beam-ceilinged living room
- Pacing the long, low-ceilinged study of his fashionable Belgrade residence (he was in full marshal's regalia, including gold-braided tunic and red-striped, blue breeches), Tito .
- Gong, who moved to Hong Kong this year from New York's Chinatown, where he grew up, is out to change all that at his low-ceilinged dive bar.
- The audience that assembled in the Vatican's gold-ceilinged Consistory Hall one morning last week included no cardinals, bishops or diplomats.
News & Articles
- PriceChopper: 100 Eleventh Avenue Penthouse in the Midst of Epic Free Fall
While the 4,675-square-foot Penthouse A in Jean Nouvel's 100 Eleventh Avenue sold for $19.4 million last year, its neighbor, the slightly larger (at 4,818 square feet) but lower-ceilinged Penthouse B has not...
July 17, 2013 - Curbed New York
- YEScarolina's entrepreneurship programs teach students to be their own bosses
The YEScarolina Business Plan Competition, held in a low-ceilinged auditorium at the College of Charleston, is a cross between a high school speech club meeting and an episode of Shark Tank .
July 17, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- Browse News
After 14 years as a culinary fixture in Eureka, Avalon is closing. Sunday night, Bastille Day, will be its last night serving dinner to the public in the high-ceilinged dining room. While Avalon and it's French-infused menu enjoyed a loyal following, the restaurant has struggled in recent years.
July 14, 2013 - The North Coast Journal
- Naomi Duguid in Toronto Star
As I looked around the spare low-ceilinged room, I was brought back to basics,Duguid writes in the couple's sixth and most recent book, Beyond the Great Wall: Recipes and Travels in the Other China, published last year. "All that was...
- Greg Mortenson in Kansas City Star
He was truly a world citizen,said Kartapurkh Khalsa of Mortenson, who is large in stature. "He just felt comfortable anywhere. He was able to walk into any place, including some very low-ceilinged rooms, and be open to the people there."