celiac : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a belonging to or prescribed for celiac disease
a celiac diet
- a of or in or belonging to the cavity of the abdomen
- Although celiac disease is a hereditary disorder, it can strike at any time, starting in childhood.
- Another possible cause is celiac disease, in which a gluten intolerance diminishes the body's ability to absorb nutrients, but that's a digestive order, not the result of a hormone .
- It depends on a host of factors: children with epilepsy, cystic fibrosis or celiac disease may need more than the 400 IUs the AAP is recommending; kids with darker skin or living .
News & Articles
- GlutenFreedomProject.com – New Website Provides Online Gluten-Free Program for People with Celiac Disease and Gluten ...
Developed by a team of health professionals for people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, GlutenFreedomProject.com is launched to provide a one-stop source for reliable and understandable information, customizable menu plans and grocery lists, gluten-free product recommendations and personalized coaching and support. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com ...
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Screening at-risk adolescents for celiac disease proves cost-effective
( American Gastroenterological Association ) The current standard practice of screening adolescents who are either symptomatic or at high-risk for celiac disease proves to be more cost-effective than universal screening. Additionally, the strategy is successful in preventing bone loss and fractures in celiac patients, according to a new study in Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, the ...
June 10, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Dr. Ivor Hill Named Director of Celiac Disease Center at Nationwide Children's Hospital
Ivor Hill, MD, MB, ChB, DCH, FCP(SA), FAAP, pediatric gastroenterologist, has been named medical director of the Celiac Disease Center at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
June 6, 2013 - Newswise
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck in New York Daily News
The only known treatment for celiac disease - which can cause acute damage to the small intestine and the digestive system as a whole - is a lifelong gluten-free diet,says Hasselbeck, now symptom-free and expecting her third child in August....
- Tony Clement in CBC.ca
These changes will help Canadians manage these allergies and celiac disease,said Clement. "We believe that better information can only lead to better nutrition, and better nutrition, of course, means better health."