- n a soft bluish-white ductile malleable toxic bivalent metallic element; occurs in association with zinc ores
- Home to the world's largest heavy metal smelting complex, more than 4 million tons of cadmium, copper, lead, nickel, arsenic, selenium and zinc are released into the air every .
- Number of people potentially affected: 255,000 Type of pollutant: Lead and cadmium Source of pollution: Lead mining and processing When rich deposits of lead were .
- The Ultramax, which reduces levels of such harmful compounds as lead, copper, mercury and cadmium, holds enough water to fill about 18 8-oz.
News & Articles
- Yourwellness Magazine Investigates Dietary Ways to Prevent Liver Disease
With a new study finding people with high levels of cadmium in their urine are much more likely to die of liver disease than those with lower levels, Yourwellness Magazine explored a liver disease-preventing diet. (PRWeb June 23, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10808021.htm
June 24, 2013 - PRWeb
- Calvin Tomkins: An artist in the right place.
If you need cheering up, go to the Museum of Modern Art and look at a painting called “Oof,” by Edward Ruscha. The title and the subject are identical, just those three block letters, each one bigger than your head, in cadmium yellow on a background of cobalt . . . (Subscription required.)
June 24, 2013 - The New Yorker
- Souriau: 20% of Cadmium Production Already Switched to RoHS Zinc Nickel Plating Line
Last year, Souriau manufactured more than 50% of its 38999 connectors with a RoHS plating, further reinforcing the company's position as industry green leader in the connector market. The company has more than a decade of experience with RoHS Zinc Nickel plating, which is now considered a superior RoHS-compliant alternative to cadmium by the MilAero industry. Souriau has now industrialized this ...
June 21, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Andrew McNamara in Sydney Morning Herald
It will provide continuous, near real time monitoring and reporting of up to 20 elements including lead, zinc, cadmium, copper and arsenic,Mr McNamara said.
- Sheila Dikshit in Times of India
Most of the artificial colours are made of synthetic chemicals containing harmful elements like lead and cadmium. They are responsible for many skin diseases, asthma and even cancer,Dikshit says in an advertisement published on Wednesday.
- Olusegun Obasanjo in FOXNews
It is appalling that another imported product could be poisoning our children. Lead, cadmium -- no toxins have any place in our children's products. This toy needs to be immediately recalled, but until our failed trade policies are remedied, our... Leo W Gerard http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Gerard&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHMt0YVTFsnP_-DQ1eKp2ENMnt5Mg PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.pr-inside.com/news-from-usw-kids-bracelet-contains-r299333.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEJGziSpndPhqbUhL0CWorNNPqofA Nov 13, 2007
14213 19180 cadre He asked for integration of his soldiers with the national army, and integration of those responsible for administration in the areas he occupied with the administrative cadre of the government," Obasanjo said. "He will want some form of a...