- An advertising leaflet recently issued by a century-old British iron works said: "We will cast you an iron house, with a cast-iron bathtub upstairs and a cast-iron.
- But there's a low-tech solution that dates back hundreds of years: a good cast-iron skillet.
- Cast-Iron Architecture of Galveston, Texas The assemblage of late 19th-century Greek Revival and Italianate buildings with elaborate cast-iron storefronts in Galveston's 12 .
News & Articles
- Pipe peeve: RWSA diverts Sugar Hollow water
Since the 1920s, Charlottesville's purest water has flowed downhill directly from the Sugar Hollow Reservoir via a 13.5-mile cast-iron pipeline. The mountain water is so pure, in fact, that the treatment plant into which it flows has required minimal treatment. Those days may be over. Without public input or discussion, the tail of that pipeline was recently cut off and the water diverted into a ...
June 12, 2013 - The Hook
- Plumber: Cast-iron fixtures are strong, attractive and tested
Q: My husband and I have been saving for years to build our dream home. We plan on spending the rest of our lives in this home and want to make some good material choices. Aside from the toilets, we're thinking of installing cast-iron plumbing fixtures for the sinks, tubs and shower base. What are your thoughts on cast-iron plumbing fixtures? -- Jean, Massachusetts
June 10, 2013 - Greece Post
- Cast iron pig taken from Sticky Lips back home
The antique, 8-inch-tall hog was returned to the Culver Road restaurant by the man who on Sunday took the cast-iron pig. According to the Sticky Lips website, the man said he snatched it for his wife, a fan of pig collectables. Surveillance cameras captured the man and a woman taking 'Porky' from the restaurant.Watch the Video Surveillance Footage
June 7, 2013 - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- Carol Thatcher in San Jose Mercury News
I couldn't believe it,Carol said in a selection published by The Mail on Sunday. "She was in her 75th year, but I had always thought of her as ageless, timeless and 100 percent cast-iron damage-proof."
- David Miliband in BBC News
Foreign Secretary David Miliband said: "So much for David Cameron's cast-iron guarantee to hold a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. But he is still not being honest with people. The fact is you can't simply opt out of treaty obligations because to do...