- v coat with something sweet, such as a hard sugar glaze
- s encrusted with sugar or syrup
candied grapefruit peel
- s (used especially of fruits) preserved by coating with or allowing to absorb sugar
- His brand of entertainment broadcasting--a sort of grab bag of candied popcorn populist outrage--has scored a hit.
- It has put up automats in each station and has filled them with disgusting candied gum.
- Instead, a dish of melon seeds or candied kumquats appears on the table so silently that you'll barely notice.
News & Articles
- Sweet talker maps trade routes, trends
She's an anthropologist with a sweet tooth. But that candied shiitake mushroom, Norwegian sour cream pudding and bubble tea are more than treats for anthropologist Julia Harrison.
June 5, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Julia Winter in BBC News
My favourite sweet in the factory was a tree of candied apples, which I later found out was made of marzipan,said Winter.