- n one of the four pointed conical teeth (two in each jaw) located between the incisors and the premolars
- n any of various fissiped mammals with nonretractile claws and typically long muzzles
- a of or relating to a pointed conical tooth
- a of or relating to or characteristic of members of the family Canidae
- Trying to plumb the canine mind is a favorite pastime of dog owners.
- Professor Brian Hare at Duke University studies people's pet dogs to understand how canines think.
- When they heard the news, they called their own meeting in Paris, of course to denounce canine subservience to the human hyperpower.
- Shafie Apdal in Washington Post
Like their fellow canine counterparts trained to sniff drugs and narcotics, these two Labradors have been trained to detect optical discs,Malaysia's Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Shafie Apdal said.
- Julian Fantino in Canada NewsWire (press release)
This dramatic rescue is an example of the dedication and commitment of police officers and their canine partners who often put themselves in harm's way to protect the public,said Commissioner Fantino.
- Kip Hawley in Market Wire (press release)
Canine teams are one of the quickest, most efficient means of detecting explosives,said TSA Administrator Kip Hawley. "TSA teams provide flexibility in searching air cargo and the ability to surge resources when necessary."