canny : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others
- I am always canny when I meet new people who do not know just how fragile I am.
- In all that he did there was a quality of canny vision, of testy self-will.
- They were also hugely canny producers.
News & Articles
- These Traditional-Looking Quilts Are Made Of Film Strips
Sabrina Gschwandtner’s concentric diamond patterns use 16-mm film footage. Sabrina Gschwandtner takes a canny approach to traditional crafts. The New York-based artist has been experimenting with various forms of fiber arts for years and is known for her innovative takes on crochet and knitting. In Sunshine and Shadow , her new solo exhibition at the Philadelphia Art Alliance, her singular kind ...
June 12, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Ex-CIA Whistleblower Gambles On Hong Kong (China) Hideout
Edward Snowden's decision to flee to Hong Kong came as a shock to many, but it may ultimately prove to be a canny move by the former CIA employee.
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- Scouting rumoured Juventus target Angelo Ogbonna
Angelo Ogbonna could be Juventus ' first signing of the summer as the Bianconeri look to build upon their success over the last couple of seasons. Torino 's centre-back has impressed many in recent years with his athletic performances and canny ability to read danger quickly. With the best defence in Serie A, including a trio of Italian international centre-backs—Giorgio Chiellini ...
June 9, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Brian Johnson in antiMUSIC.com
Bob Geldof is a canny lad. He did what he thought was right at the time but it didn't work,he said. "The money didn't go to poor people. It makes me mad when people try to use politics or charity for publicity."
- Billy Connolly in TechRadar UK
Billy Connolly said about his TomTom escapades: "You'll take the high road and I'll take the low road, and I'll be in Scotland afore ye with my wee canny sat nav".
- Tony Knowles in CNN
She clearly has a very canny ability to connect with people. What she says. How she says it. And her body language,said former Alaska Gov. Tony Knowles, a Democrat whom Palin defeated in 2006. "But she has shown very little interest or...