brilliant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s of surpassing excellence
a brilliant performance
- s having or marked by unusual and impressive intelligence
a brilliant mind
a brilliant solution to the problem
- s characterized by grandeur
the brilliant court life at Versailles
- s having striking color
- s full of light; shining intensely
a brilliant star
- s clear and sharp and ringing
the brilliant sound of the trumpets
- His New Hampshire concession speech, with the refrain "Yes, We Can," was turned into a brilliant music video featuring an array of young, hip, talented and beautiful celebrities.
- He was brilliant, excessive, maudlin, tacky and possibly criminal, but you could never ignore him.
- In its third year, the sitcom deftly played the office love triangle (sorry, Team Karen), balanced wackiness and poignancy and pulled off the brilliant flip-the-script move of .
News & Articles
- My Brilliant Divorce , Starring Mary Testa, Plays Asolo Rep's Mertz Theatre Beginning June 23
Mary Testa stars in My Brilliant Divorce, a one-woman play by Geraldine Anron, at the Asolo Rep's Mertz Theatre.
June 23, 2013 - Playbill
- 4 Big Data Trends That Change Everything
Over the past few weeks I?ve heard many recipes for what will drive business success and yet firms large and small continue to struggle with how to jumpstart growth. Brilliant speakers at the Brandworks Conference (run by Lindsey, Stone and Briggs) in May and at the Cloud Computing and Big Data Expo and the World Innovation Forum (WIFNY) both in New York last week provided insights that must ...
June 22, 2013 - Forbes
- Diamond Jubilee Stakes 2013 Payouts: Full Breakdown of Earnings for Each Horse
Lethal Force ran a brilliant race on Saturday at Ascot Racecourse in England, winning the 2013 Diamond Jubilee Stakes, via BBC Sport : 2011 Jubilee Stakes winner Society Rock was the odds-on favorite coming in at 4-1, but he wasn't able to win for a second time, coming up short for the second straight year after finishing second behind Lethal Force. Krypton Factor placed in third, overcoming ...
June 22, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Bert van Marwijk in The Associated Press
We have been messy. We've had spells with brilliant attacks, yet we forgot to score,Van Marwijk said. "That though, can change within a match."
- Andres Iniesta in The Associated Press
The Germans have played a brilliant World Cup so far,Iniesta said. "We're also at the top of our game, I think. It will be a game between two rivals who enjoy having the ball and I think it will be a beautiful battle."
- John McCain in Newsday
Senator Obama opposed the new strategy, and, after promising not to, voted to deny funds to the soldiers who have done a brilliant and brave job of carrying it out,McCain said.