- n the organic process of bearing flowers
you will stop all bloom if you let the flowers go to seed
- n reproductive organ of angiosperm plants especially one having showy or colorful parts
- n the best time of youth
- n a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health
- n the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- n a powdery deposit on a surface
- v produce or yield flowers
The cherry tree bloomed
- Scientists say it is a massive algae bloom and nothing really unusual.
- bloom bursts in beijing two translators of ulysses compete to baffle the chinese, sparking a joycean literary dispute.
- She found her bloom, all right, but 300,000 years later than expected.
- Reese Witherspoon in Times of India
In developing 'In Bloom', I found myself drawn to the scents of my childhood in Tennessee. We had a great big magnolia tree in the backyard, and it's that beautiful white blossom that inspired the perfume,Reese said.