blush : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health
- n sudden reddening of the face (as from embarrassment or guilt or shame or modesty)
- v turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame
The girl blushed when a young man whistled as she walked by
- v become rosy or reddish
her cheeks blushed in the cold winter air
- This fall the Beijing resident posted a recording of her own lovemaking sounds that would make Paris Hilton blush.
- There are a lot of things that would make me blush.
- While the pitch may only appeal to half the population and make nearly everyone blush and uncomfortable it is certainly hard to forget.
News & Articles
- Menopause cause? It may well be men, scientists say
For decades, anthropologists and biologists have been puzzling over one of nature’s great mysteries: Why do women go into menopause?At first blush, menopause doesn’t make much evolutionary sense. According to one widely accepted theory, the point of evolution is successful reproduction. After that, nature doesn’t have much interest in keeping us alive, and so we die. Why, then, keep women ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Actually, Americans aren’t shrugging over NSA surveillance
At first blush, it seemed, most Americans haven’t gotten too exercised about the revelation that the National Security Agency has been secretly tracking everyone’s phone data, in the name of protecting national security.
June 12, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Blush Helps Parents Manage Spending by Offering Affordable High-End Prom Dresses
Fabulous proms are back! Blush is the hottest global prom dress brand that sells prom dresses through local retail outlets. Thanks to Blush, young ladies have easy access to a wide range of spectacular dresses for their red carpet moment.
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Robert Menendez in FOXNews
At first blush, this does seem to be good news for credit card holders,said Sen. Robert Menendez, DN.J., author of pending legislation addressing some of the same credit card abuse issues. "However, it remains to be seen if these proposals...
- William Sorrell in Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
I have not seen the proposal, and I've done no legal research on any of the issues,Sorrell said. "But at first blush, if this passed, they'd have really uphill sledding trying to have it be legal and enforceable."
- Gerard Bouchard in International Herald Tribune
There is nothing to indicate that Quebec has a bigger problem with racism or xenophobia than anywhere else,Bouchard said. "There is nothing that should make Quebecers blush from an intercultural perspective. At the same time, there is no...