- v take revenge for a perceived wrong
- a for which vengeance has been taken
an avenged injury
- In the final of the men's coxless pair, the British team of Matthew Pinsent and James Cracknell avenged the defeat they suffered in the World Cup regatta in Lucerne in July at the .
News & Articles
- Express drop road game in Oklahoma City
The Oklahoma City Redhawks avenged Friday’s 11-2 rout by beating the Round Rock Express Saturday 6-4.
June 16, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- Indiana girls show muscle in 100-86 payback win over Kentucky in All-Star Classic
Purdue-bound Bridget Perry scored 23 points and Notre Dame recruit Taya Reimer had 19 points, 10 rebounds and five blocked shots as Indiana avenged Friday night's loss at Freedom Hall with a 100-86 win at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
June 16, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal
- State champion Akinshemoyin is Howard boys tennis player of year
Senior avenged loss from 2012 state finals Each of the past two seasons, Reservoir's Biyik Akinshemoyin has had to make the difficult decision of whether to play high school tennis, or forego the scholastic season to focus on a rigorous but fruitful training regiment and busy USTA tournament schedule.
June 14, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Jean Ziegler in Washington Post
It's a very big mess,said Jean Ziegler, a Swiss sociologist who frequently writes about Libya. "Gadhafi feels the family honor has to be avenged. So there is an irrational element to this."
- Cemil Cicek in Forbes
Every kind of attack will be avenged many times over,Cicek said.
- Carlo Ancelotti in AFP
Ancelotti said: "This trophy gives us a lot of satisfaction, especially as we lost to Boca Juniors when we played them last, and we avenged that loss today."