- s (often followed by `for') ardently or excessively desirous
avid for adventure
an avid ambition to succeed
the esurient eyes of an avid curiosity
- s marked by active interest and enthusiasm
an avid sports fan
- For Mary-Rose Fisher, 51, an avid scrapbooker from Austin, Texas, the original appeal of the three-day Girl's Get-A-Way cruise, promoted as a tour for Christians who want to be .
- Giannini, an avid equestrian, lives with her husband, a Web designer, in Florence.
- He's also an irresistible subject for the media, ever avid for gaudy and enigmatic political figures capable of adding a touch of color to a scene that is generally painted in the .
News & Articles
- YPSILANTI: EMU prof Fike plans 450-mile fundraising bike trek
YPSILANTI — After 10 years of avid cycling, Eastern Michigan University professor John Fike will be taking his passion one step further: in two weeks he will embark on a nearly 450-mile bike trip across Michigan, his longest trip to date. And he's doing it for the sake of his students.
June 16, 2013 - Ypsilanti Courier
- Pitts: Message in a bottle connects two families
Last Father's Day, the family of the late David Hinkamp left notes for him in the Atlantic Ocean. The noted jeweler, golfer and avid fisherman had died on the first day of 2012.
June 16, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- Avid revamps the BB7 disc brake
Avid has given the venerable BB7 disc brake a bit of a facelift, adding lighter stainless steel hardware and giving the brake a shiny black anodized finish. The updated BB7S uses the same stainless hardware introduced for the BB7 Road SL last fall. The BB7s also comes with Avid’s HS1 rotor. The construction and mechanics of this cable-actuated disc brake remain unchanged. The BB7S still has a ...
June 12, 2013 - BikeRadar
- Pope Benedict XVI in Canada.com
This humanity of the 21st century appears as sure and self-sufficient master of its own destiny, the avid proponent of uncontested triumphs,the Pope added.
- Jeffrey Combs in Washington Post
There's nothing better than an avid fan,Combs said.
- Jon Stewart in BBC News
As an avid watcher of the Oscars, I can't help but be a little disappointed with the choice,Stewart joked. "It appears to be another sad attempt to smoke out Billy Crystal."