greedy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth
greedy for money and power
- s (often followed by `for') ardently or excessively desirous
greedy for fame
- s wanting to eat or drink more than one can reasonably consume
don't be greedy with the cookies
- Not because the rich are greedy but because they are human.
- Instead the atmosphere, or kibun, on the streets and in the bars was a sort of greedy get-it-while-you-can consumerism.
- On offer is a greedy grab of Peranakan, Indian, Malay and regional Chinese standards including the coconut rice and curry chicken at Bali Nasi Lemak, spicy noodles with roast pork .
News & Articles
- Rats take care of each other - up to a point
When we anthropomorphize rats, they are almost always portrayed as being greedy and selfish. Recently, there has been data that points to the contrary.
June 21, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- Apple Becomes Oversold (AAPL)
Legendary investor Warren Buffett advises to be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. One way we can try to measure the level of fear in a given stock is through a technical analysis indicator called the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which measures momentum on a scale of zero to 100. A stock is considered to be oversold if the RSI reading falls below 30.
June 20, 2013 - Forbes
- Watch Stephen Colbert's moving tribute to his mother Lorna
I know it may sound greedy to want more days with someone who lived so long, but the fact that my mom was 92 does not diminish, it only magnifies, the enormity of the room whose door has now quietly shut.
June 20, 2013 - Zap2It
- Warren Buffett in BloggingStocks (blog)
Also remember what Warren Buffett said, "Be fearful when others are greedy; be greedy when others are fearful."
- Ozzy Osbourne in The Canadian Press
Osbourne, one of rock 'n' roll's most bankable touring stars and the founder of Ozzfest, says "people are getting very greedy."
- Joe Biden in FOXNews
- Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden said Thursday that Republican John McCain keeps switching responses to the economic crisis and now advocates a plan for troubled mortgages that would "reward banks and lenders for their greedy...