- s immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth
they are avaricious and will do anything for money
- They begin sparking on the adventurous cattle drive that is required to save the old homestead from their rich and avaricious neighbors.
- Fone, the dreamy one, must constantly get out of the scrapes created by Phoney, the avaricious schemer, and Smiley, a goofball comic foil whose tongue hangs out like a friendly dog .
- In one excerpt cited in the book, Trink describes the women as "meretricious, avaricious, mendacious and bone lazy.
- Dennis McDougal in BusinessWeek
The avaricious Chandlers for the next quarter century bit their tongues while Otis built the newspaper into one of the most powerful in the country, both from a circulation and advertising revenue side as well as journalistically,said Dennis...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Jerusalem Post
Avaricious powers can't create any obstacles on the way to the progress of our nation,Ahmadinejad told a crowd in the town of Miandoab in northwestern Iran.
- Robert Friedland in Sydney Morning Herald
No one in the mining industry is safe from our avaricious nature in Australia once we have the adequate currency,Mr Friedland said during a presentation at the Diggers and Dealers conference in Kalgoorlie yesterday. "Acquisition is the...