- n a pear-shaped tropical fruit with green or blackish skin and rich yellowish pulp enclosing a single large seed
- n tropical American tree bearing large pulpy green fruits
- s of the dull yellowish green of the meat of an avocado
- Thirty years ago only the rich could afford the strange meaty taste of avocado pears.
- In a world where the California roll, with its avocado and fake crabmeat, neatly encapsulates just how ubiquitous, how truly global, Japan's sushi tradition has become, kaiseki .
- Pass the avocado! Scientists from the Harvard School of Public Health last week announced the results of a pioneering 20-year-long study, which showed that low-carb diets .
- Christina Hendricks in Softpedia
It's like Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution - real, good foods. It's OK if I have avocado and olive oil and all these delicious things, you know? I don't feel guilty about that,Christina explains of what she means by healthy eating.
- St Jerome in San Diego Union Tribune
The fight for avocados is a fight for all agriculture,said Jerome Stehly, chairman of the California Avocado Commission. "If a Mexican avocado brings in a fruit fly, for example, it affects other crops and causes a quarantine."
- Carlos Beltran in North County Times
A lot of people don't really know I was a wrestler,Beltran said. "I was All-Avocado League, All-North County, a CIF finalist two years. But I made some bad choices in high school and I didn't go to college. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, you...