awakened : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to become awake or conscious
- v stop sleeping
- v make aware
They were awakened to the sad facts
- a aroused or activated
an awakened interest in ballet
- s (somewhat formal) having been waked up
the awakened baby began to cry
- Detainee awakened and taken to restroom then secured in chair.
- But another funny thing happened: Vayner's vanity creation awakened recruiters and job seekers to the possibilities of marrying the video CV to the Internet--and that may just .
- His work and his spirit awakened the 20th century to ideas that serve as a moral beacon for all epochs.
News & Articles
- Carmel man awakened by smoke alarm, no one injured in blaze
A Carmel man was awakened by a smoke alarm this morning before 4:30 a.m, went outside to investigate and found the roof of his house on fire, a Carmel Fire Department spokesman said.
June 24, 2013 - The Indianapolis Star
- Sarah Murnaghan, with new lungs, now responsive
Sarah Murnaghan, the 10-year-old Delaware County girl who underwent a double-lung transplant after a national debate over the waiting-list process, has awakened from a medically induced coma and is communicating by nodding, her family said Saturday.
June 24, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Woman 'Jamming' to the sun in her dream 'demotion' driving iconic buses
APGAR – Under the morning sun, Sherri Camperchioli climbed into bus No. 108, turned the key and awakened seven decades of Glacier National Park history. The engine roared to life as the last passengers climbed aboard the iconic red bus for a tour of the Lake McDonald Valley and the North Fork.
June 23, 2013 - Ravalli Republic
- Mia Farrow in AFP
She told us ...... she had been awakened in the night by a knocking at her door. She opened the door to find two or three men -- I do not recall how many -- who presented her with a large diamond which they said was from Charles Taylor,Farrow...
- Naomi Campbell in Radio Netherlands
According to a declaration, Ms Campbell said that "she had been awakened in the night by knocking at her door. She opened the door to find two or three men, she does not recall how many, who presented her with a large diamond which they said was...
- Richard Levin in Chatter Shmatter
Your songs awakened a generation, giving a fresh sound to rock, roll, rhythm and blues,university President Richard Levin told McCartney upon giving him his degree.