avenge : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v take revenge for a perceived wrong
He wants to avenge the murder of his brother
- Mai's then 12-year-old brother Abdul Shakoor (pictured behind her) had been seen walking with a girl from the more influential Mastoi tribe; they demanded Mai's rape to avenge .
- But I will not try to avenge my father's death.
- He is, to be sure, a man with a mission--to avenge himself on a "jaguar" shark that gobbled his best friend and to make one last documentary about his quest.
News & Articles
- Twins hoping Diamond is sharp against Tigers
Tigers right-hander Rick Porcello will have the opportunity to avenge a previous poor outing against the Twins when he opposes Scott Diamond on Friday night in the series opener at Target Field.
June 14, 2013 - Minnesota Twins
- Fruita exacts revenge on Rifle at Central tourney
Fruita didn’t have to wait long to avenge Saturday’s 2-0 loss to Rifle in the championship game of the Rifle Austin Booth Memorial Wood Bat Tournament.
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Teutopolis responds in game 2 vs. Effingham
Teutopolis Post 924 looked to avenge a Game 1 loss in Monday's doubleheader against Effingham Post 120, and called on Darren Probst (Teutopolis) to get it done. Probst, who missed the first game of the twinbill, pitched 3.2 innings with five strikeou
June 13, 2013 - Effingham Daily News
- Kim Jong Il in The Associated Press
We did concede a lot of goals (against Portugal), but nevertheless we are going to fight hard in our next game, and it's a way to avenge ourselves,Kim said. "We will try to restore our honor and do our best in the game."
- caliph Omar in USA Today
We will avenge this but will continue talks with the government,Umar said.
- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in FOXNews
You, Bush, we will not rest until we avenge our dignity,al-Zarqawi said in the audiotape that was posted on the Internet. "We will not rest while your army is here as long as there is a pulse in our veins."