- a pertaining to or characteristic of birds
- A PTI Special report on the avian flu outbreak reveals how hard it will be to put this genie back in the bottle.
- Diverting those resources to stockpile an avian-flu vaccine that might not be necessary will take up time and would disrupt the supply of human-flu vaccine.
- Earlier this year, a massive epidemic of avian flu hit eight Asian countries, killed at least 23 people and led to the death or culling of more than 100 million chickensand that .
- Margaret Chan in AFP
We have lived for five long years under the threat of pandemic caused by the lethal H5N1 avian influenza virus. This has left our world very prepared but also very scared,said Chan.
- Mike Leavitt in CBS News
This laboratory test is a major step forward in our ability to more quickly detect cases of H5 avian influenza and provides additional safeguards to protect public health,says HHS Secretary Mike Leavitt in the news release. "Thanks to the...
- Markos Kyprianou in The Age
We have received now confirmation that the virus found in Turkey is avian flu H5N1 high pathogenic virus,said Kyprianou.