athletic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a relating to or befitting athletics or athletes
- s vigorously active
an athletic child
- s having a sturdy and well proportioned body
an athletic build
- Gender disputes in athletics can be very complicated, however.
- Santhi Soundarajan has a message for Caster Semenya, the South African track star whose gender has sparked an international athletics row:.
- In fact, the nation's athletics factories were modeled after the old Soviet-style system, which during the cold war churned out limber Romanian gymnasts and a fleet of doped-up .
News & Articles
- CAMS Athletic Department presents Patriot Awards
The athletic department of Central Academy Middle School proudly presented the Mr. Patriot and Miss Patriot. This coach’s award recognizes both a male and a female student athlete for his and her accomplishments in academics and athletics. Congratulations Mr. Patriot, Luke Harman & Miss Patriot Eva Grumbine! Submitted by Emily Gordon
June 20, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Freeland Athletic Association's Millionaire Party set for Sunday
The Freeland Athletic Association is hosting its 31st annual Millionaire Party from 1-6 p.m. Sunday at the Freeland SportsZone.
June 20, 2013 - Midland Daily News
- UT Athletic Department hoping to break even this year
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee's athletic department is hoping to break even when the fiscal year ends June 30 according to a review at the university's board of trustees meeting.
June 20, 2013 - Bristol Herald Courier
- Mike Phelan in Independent
Phelan added on ManUtd.com: "He is young, athletic and as keen as mustard. He will be a good addition. We all hope he hits the ground running and adds to what we think is a good blend of youth and experience in our squad. We just hope it all comes...
- Rod Thorn in ESPN
We are very pleased to add Travis to our roster,said Thorn, who reportedly will be stepping down July 15. "He is a young, athletic player who will fit in very well with the style of play that [coach] Avery [Johnson] has installed."
- Andrew Cuomo in Washington Post
Students trust their university's athletic departments because so much of campus life at Division I schools centers around supporting the home team,said Cuomo. "To betray this trust by promoting loans in exchange for money is a serious...