- a divided into separate and often disparate elements
- She has tapped into a preoccupation with addiction and alcohol, added a whiff of New Age mysticism and come up with a message that reaches Americans adrift in an atomistic society .
- They would have suburbia turn its back on this 'other directedness' and arrive at individual commitment through an atomistic thinking-through or insight.
- One of the underlying factors in the crisis is the fact that the parochial-school "system"a name it hardly deservesis basically atomistic.
News & Articles
- Fusion foe lends a helping hand
( American Physical Society ) Recent laboratory experiments and atomistic simulations have found that the oxygen bound by lithium at the walls of fusion devices plays a key role in improving plasma performance.
Nov. 13, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Mike Tomlinson in guardian.co.uk
Mr Tomlinson told a press conference in London that the reforms would "result in far less atomistic and mechanistic learning and allow a far greater passion for a subject".