atheistic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s rejecting any belief in gods
- a related to or characterized by or given to atheism
- Raelians call the extraterrestrial creators Elohim, a Biblical term, but the Rael movement is "an atheistic religion," with "no God, no supernatural," says Marsic.
- Today even atheistic philosophers agree that Ayer's rigid rule is inadequate to deal with human experience.
- Most believers don't care to listen to an atheistic scientist calling the idea of God a mythology created to explain what humans don't understand, and academic atheists are just as .
- John Updike in International Herald Tribune
I remember the times when I was wrestling with these issues that I would feel crushed. I was crushed by the purely materialistic, atheistic account of the universe,Updike told The Associated Press during a 2006 interview. "I am very prone...
- Richard Dawkins in New York Times
Presumably your reason for asking me is that 'The God Delusion' is an atheistic book, and you still think of Christmas as a religious festival,Mr. Dawkins wrote, in a reply printed here in its entirety. "But of course it has long since...
- D James Kennedy in USA Today
The infusion of an atheistic, amoral, evolutionary, socialistic, one-world, anti-American system of education in our public schools has indeed become such that if it had been done by an enemy, it would be considered an act of war,Kennedy said...