- a of or relating to atherosclerosis
- One hope is that improved drugs will first control, and eventually prevent, the atherosclerotic process.
- A study released last week found that at least 60% of children and young adults have early atherosclerotic damage.
- Cholesterol and debris collect around the muscle cells, an atherosclerotic plaque develops and the artery narrows.
- Brigham Young in Bru Direct
Today's findings enhance the importance of our 9p21 variant when it comes to risk of cardiovascular disease, and suggest that it confers this risk by affecting how artery walls respond to other risk factors such as atherosclerotic plaque and... Kari Stefansson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%A1ri_Stef%C3%A1nsson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE4zlrENEs81XVNitp9yN9A9qxqlQ Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS52493%2B06-Jan-2008%2BPRN20080106&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEpHQNtDC5-HIgCQnq4-aQlKyhXGA Jan 6, 2008
6303 9224 atherosclerotic While we know that air pollution is not the dominant cause of atherosclerotic diseases (hardening of the arteries), these results are consistent with findings that air pollution provokes inflammation, accelerates atherosclerosis, and alters cardiac...