atheist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who denies the existence of god
- a related to or characterized by or given to atheism
- But in America, if youre an atheist, you lose.
- A new religion to snipe at organized religion is the latest idea of Madalyn Murray O'Hair, the militant atheist who won the Supreme Court ban on compulsory public school prayers.
- Long seen as a committed atheist, four years ago the best-selling author drove a stake through the hearts of her followers when she vowed to abandon her sinister stories and .
News & Articles
- Christian Philosopher William Lane Craig Calls Atheist Hotline a 'Wrong Number'
An upcoming atheist hotline, meant for people struggling with their faith but have nowhere to turn, is a "wrong number whose service should be disconnected," said a Christian philosopher, pointing out that its backers lack philosophical rigor and find themselves at an intellectual impasse.
June 18, 2013 - The Christian Post
- Atheist groups sue school district over censorship
Two atheist groups that were allowed to distribute materials at Orange County high schools last month are now suing the district over what they couldn't give out.
June 14, 2013 - WESH 2 Orlando
- Atheist group sues Orange County schools over fliers, religious material
Orange County schools allowed an atheist group to hand out fliers, but they're now suing the district. Channel 9 broke the story in January when an atheist group attacked the district for allowing Bibles to be handed out, so school leaders gave the atheists permission to hand out their fliers. Now, however, the Freedom From Religion Foundation is suing the district, despite a spokesperson ...
June 13, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Simon Mayo in Sleaford Standard
Mayo joked: "Do you think he is a secret Christian under the atheist facade?"
- Matthew Parris in ChristianToday
Now a confirmed atheist, I've become convinced of the enormous contribution that Christian evangelism makes in Africa: sharply distinct from the work of secular NGOs, government projects and international aid efforts,writes Parris, who was...