- n a person suffering from asthma
she is a chronic asthmatic
the painful gasps of a dying asthmatic
- s relating to breathing with a whistling sound
- In their study of nearly 2,500 non-asthmatic children ages 5 to 9 who lived in the area, researchers found that the level of stress reported by the children's parents had a .
- Worst of all was the number of smokers with asthmatic children who didn't even try to quit or at least limit themselves to smoking outdoors rather than just moving to another room .
- The common practice, set forth by National Institutes of Health guidelines, is to treat asthmatic patients particularly those who have severe and chronic disease with acid .
- Grant Hackett in The Australian
I have never had what you would call an asthma attack but the doctors think I've always been a low-grade asthmatic,Hackett said. "They say I just got used to having my breathing inhibited, and that it Is exacerbated by swimming so hard and...
- Haile Gebrselassie in AFP
The wind and rain obviously didn't make things easy,said Gebrselassie. "And even if the conditions were not optimal, I wasn't at 100 percent because of a small asthmatic problem."
- John Swinney in Scotsman
Finance secretary John Swinney said: "The analysis that we have of emissions from volcanic eruptions is that the ash is not poisonous and has the potential only to irritate those who may suffer from skin conditions or asthmatic conditions."