- a of or relating to a defect in the eye or in a lens caused by a deviation from spherical curvature which prevents light rays from meeting at a common focus and so results in distorted images
- Patrick Dacre Trevor-Roper, a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, was well aware that ever since 19th century critics dubbed El Greco an "astigmatic lunatic" the sight .
- Tests have shown that a circle, viewed through an astigmatic lens, will be seen and reproduced as an ellipse; further evidence can be found in the practice and comments of .
- Most of Jersey's larger cities are traditionally Democratic, and the state has been Republican for ten years, but politicos of both parties have been remarkably astigmatic toward .
News & Articles
- Tomasz Stanko New York Quartet: Copenhagen, Denmark, July 6, 2013
In the 1960s, Polish trumpeter Tomasz Sta?ko emerged as a major talent on the European jazz scene. His unique musical voice was recognized by his legendary countryman, pianist Krzysztof Komeda Krzysztof Komeda 1931 - 1969 piano , who enlisted him to be part of his groundbreaking masterpiece Astigmatic (Muza, 1966). Later, Sta?ko paid homage to his mentor on Litania : The Music of Krzysztof ...
July 11, 2013 - All About Jazz